The club was formed in 1932 and officially opened in 1933.  When opened the club had two outdoor green and clubhouse on land leased from St John's College.  A third outdoor green was added in 1950. 
 
Click here to watch a panoramic Pixaround "movie" of the former ladies green

alt


With the help of the members the freehold was bought in the mid 1970s.


alt


In 1978 the original indoor green was built as three rinks but, due to pressure of use, it was changed to four narrower rinks - very exciting to bowl on the ditch side!
Click here to watch a panoramic Pixaround "movie" of the former indoor green

alt
 
alt
 
The bar area with the old indoor green beyond
 
 
In October 2002, after many years of planning, our new indoor bowling green and viewing area was opened.
This was built on the third outdoor green( picture below shows construction taking place).
 
Click here to watch a panoramic Pixaround "movie" of the construction work at the time
 
And here for another panoramic Pixaround "movie"


alt
 
alt

The club's combined indoor and outdoor facilities now rank amongst the best anywhere. 
 
Club Presidents since 1932
Peter Ashwell has compiled a list of all Club Presidents since 1932. To see this list, please click here.